Some parents have not been including the AHC numbers on the permission forms. AHC#’s are required to be on each permission form by Alberta Education.
Please do not assume that I, (Val) have the time to print the numbers on the forms or that we take the school files with us on field trips.
The odd time when the numbers are forgotten, I do not mind filling in the numbers. However, there are 150 students in the school.
There are so many ideas on the internet for creating a command center to keep things organized.
Here is just one of them: http://www.beneathmyheart.net/2013/08/giant-wall-command-center-for-my-office/
Library Day! Please remember to bring your books!
Gift Card DUE Gift Card Order Form
Ski Forms DUE Ski Permission Canyon Ski Resort Waver
Parents who want to go skiing need to complete the Canyon Ski Resort Waver and return to office by Tuesday as well.
Grade 4/5 Students on skating sign-up list—Bring your skates and helmet.
Please make your voice known and come to vote.
Use the south gym doors.
Extra Kindergarten Day
Hot Lunch Form DUE Friday
- Skating Day ALL Students Kindergarten – Grade 9 (as soon as possible)
- Noon Hour Skating Grades 2-9 Students (as soon as possible)
- Ski Forms Grades 4-9 Students (as soon as possible)
The meeting will be held in the gym and entry will be the south gym doors.
Girl Guides are using the school so please do not come in the main doors.
Forms will be coming home in the next couple of days.
If a parent would like to ski with your child, please fill out this form Canyon Ski Resort Waver and send payment.
- Area Pass $25.00
- Complete Ski Rental $19.00
- Complete Snowboard Rental $24.00
- Helmet ONLY $5.00
- Lesson $15.00
Please check your child’s backpack for forms that need to be signed right away!
Back to school for Kindergarten and Playschool
See you tomorrow!
To all parents and Society members,
This is just a reminder notice for the upcoming society meeting THIS WEEK THURSDAY at 8:00pm to vote for a bussing option. As this vote will affect the next few years of transportation to and from the school for your children, we strongly encourage ALL parents to attend and vote. If you are unable to make the meeting, you can give your absentee vote to one of the board members.
The three options to be voted on are as follows:
- Two-bus system with larger busses. This option will require fundraising to purchase two 70-passenger busses. There will be central pick-up and drop-off points for both routes to maintain pick-up and drop-off times.
- Three-bus system. This option will require fundraising to purchase one new bus and continue to use existing busses. This option will allow for all students to be picked up and dropped off at their homes with shorter overall times compared with current bussing.
- Keep current two-bus system. This would require more families to drive their children to and from school as the current busses are already up to capacity.
Please carefully consider all these options. There is more detailed information on projected enrollment, costs, etc. in the society packet from November. For any more information please contact Simon Faber at 403-396-4696.
Hope to see you all Thursday evening!